# 77 in our Waikiki map.
Hotel Name: .... New Otani Hotel.
Category:.......... (warning about star ratings!)
Address: ......... 2863 Kalakaua Ave.
What we like about this hotel:
What you may not like about this hotel:
Please call Discount Hotels Hawaii at (808) 394-2112
for the best deal for a Waikiki Hotel of similar quality.
General description:............................(Back to top)
- The New Otani Kaimana Villa hotel has two different towers or buildings erected in the middle 60's. It has a open lobby and a front desk, restaurant and bar.
It is located on a small stretch of beach at the end of Kapiolani park next to the Waikiki Natatorium (old salt water swimming pool built in the 50's next to the ocean, closed down and in disrepair for the last 30 years) and behind the Waikiki Aquarium, this beach is called "Queen's" and it is considered the primary gay and lesbian beach of the Island of Oahu. Both buildings are old but kept in good condition over the years with regular maintenance, no major renovation was performed lately.
Parking is extra like in Waikiki and there is no free street parking close by unless you are willing to cross to the other side of the park about 3 blocks away.
This hotel is number "77" within the gray zone on the far right of our Waikiki map, click here to see it's location in relation to other hotels in Waikiki.
What we like about this hotel:............................(Back to top)
- The hotel is situated far from the Waikiki area and with the back against Kapiolani Park and the front facing the ocean, is a quieter hotel than most Waikiki properties.
This is probably one of the least expensive beach front properties on the island of Oahu (please remember than "least expensive" does not mean inexpensive).
What you may not like about this hotel:............................(Back to top)
- The location is beach front but quite far from the center of Waikiki (about 30 minutes walk form the International Market Place, no other restaurants or shops are in the vicinity but the ones belonging to the hotel so you will not be able to benefit from the normal price competition among restaurants and shops that the rest of Waikiki offer, especially for food.
- Even though crime in the area is not particularly a problem, and because of the proximity of Kapiolani Park, the population density in the area is quite low and you will not find many people walking in the area, specially after dark.
- If you plan to go to Waikiki to enjoy all that it has to offer, it is far enough so most people do not want to do the walk more than once, a taxi will cost you less than $10 and there is no public transportation close by since buses either turn in Monsarrat or Kapahulu Ave. If you are driving and you are going to Waikiki it will be cheaper to take a cab since parking in the area is extremely expensive and very scarce.
- Based on your particular needs and the objective of your trip, this hotel may have other pros and cons that you should consider, call us at (808) 394-2112 for more information.050514
IMPORTANT NOTE:............................(Back to top)
Please keep in mind that ALL Hotels have shortcomings, the trick is to find a hotel which shortcomings you do not mind.
This hotel may or may not be the best option for it's category considering your particular situation and the days that you plan to visit our islands.
Call (808) 394-2112 to talk to one of our agents and he or she will be able to find for you the best option based on your needs.