# 42 in our Waikiki map.
Hotel Name: .... Royal Hawaiian Hotel.
Address: ......... 2259 Kalakaua Ave.
What we like about this hotel:
What you may not like about this hotel:
RESORT FEE ALERT
Please call Discount Hotels Hawaii at (808) 394-2112
for the best deal for a Waikiki Hotel of similar quality.
General description:............................(Back to top)
- The Sheraton Royal Hawaiian Hotel also known as the "Pink Palace", is the single most iconic hotel in the Hawaiian islands. The very first building was erected on the site over a century ago even though City records register the present construction as finished in 1926. Needless to say that countless improvements were done over it's history, with the most "recent" one being the construction almost 40 years ago of the so called Royal Hawaiian Tower that is painted with the same trademark pink color as the original.
The property belongs to a Japanese company called Kyo-Ya and is number "42" within the red zone of our waikiki map, click here to see it's location in relation to other hotels in Waikiki.
What we like about this hotel:............................(Back to top)
- Very good location, it can not be more central than this area.
- This hotel is on the water and has the service that you have come to expect from a Sheraton Hotel.
- You can feel the elegance of a bygone era in every corner of the hotel.
What you may not like about this hotel:............................(Back to top)
- All Sheratons in Waikiki charge a mandatory "Resort Fee" (between $30 and $40 a day) for things like internet service, phone calls and parking.
- If you are searching for a modern looking hotel, THIS HOTEL IS NOT FOR YOU, You will love it however if you are fond of antiques.
- Most people that choose this hotel want to be in the "old" section, the main problem with that section is that there are no 2 rooms alike, some are very good and some are not, if you are already here and is for that same day, then ask to see the room, if on the other hand it is a future reservation then is better to call us at 808-394-2112 we check what rooms they have available and choose among the better ones. You will not pay a penny more for the room and at least you will have a better chance to end up in a room that you will like.
- Another problem with the old section of the hotel is that the balconies are not operational, so rooms in this section have no balconies, only windows.
- Staying in the "new" section, also called the Tower, kind of defeats the purpose of staying in a classic hotel since it looks and feels like a modern building.
- Based on your particular needs and the objective of your trip, this hotel may have other pros and cons that you should consider, call us at (808) 394-2112 for more information.050212
IMPORTANT NOTE:............................(Back to top)
Please keep in mind that ALL Hotels have shortcomings, the trick is to find a hotel which shortcomings you do not mind.
This hotel may or may not be the best option for it's category considering your particular situation and the days that you plan to visit our islands.
Call (808) 394-2112 to talk to one of our agents and he or she will be able to find for you the best option based on your needs.